MORE PRODUCT INFORMATION
- Brand: NESTLE
- Country of Origin: Australia
- Net weight: 750G
- Did you know that MILO comes from humble Aussie roots? MILO was developed in the 1930s during the depression as a direct response to the fact that children were not receiving enough nutrients from their daily diet. Thomas Mayne, a Nestlé Engineer, created the nutritious and delicious beverage using local milk knowledge and Swiss cocoa expertise. He named the drink MILO after the Greek mythical character Milo, who was known for his strength. MILO was launched in 1934 at the Sydney Royal Easter show in an area used to showcase new products to the public. This coincided with the opening of a local production plant for MILO located in Smithtown, in rural NSW, where it is still produced today.
- MILO proposition remains relevant today when despite a wide variety of food products being available to Australian families, many kids are still not getting enough vitamins and minerals in their diet.
- Malt barley is one of the key ingredients that give MILO the unique great taste and crunch you love. It is naturally rich in carbohydrates (including starches and maltose), the preferred energy source for the brain, nervous system and working muscles.
- Including calcium, MILO contains 8 essential vitamins and minerals. Together with milk it is a nutrient rich drink for active kids.
A glass of MILO and milk is:
- Source of protein
- Low GI
- Nutrient rich – particularly in calcium where it provides 50% of the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI)
|Servings Per Pack: 10
Serving Size: 20g
|per 20g Serving||per 100g||per 20g with 200ml Skim Milk||(%DI †) per 20g with 200mL Skim Milk||per 100mL (prepared with 200mL Skim Milk)||per 100mL (prepared with 200mL Reduced Fat Milk)|
|Energy||330 kJ||1670 kJ||640 kJ||7%||290 kJ||340|
|79 Cal||400 Cal||153 Cal||69 Cal||81|
|Protein||2.4 g||11.9 g||9.8 g||20%||4.5 g||4.5|
|Fat-total||2.0 g||10.0 g||2.2 g||3%||1.0 g||2.0|
|– Saturated||1.2 g||6.1 g||1.3 g||5%||0.6 g||1.3|
|Carbohydrate||12.9 g||64.5 g||22.9 g||7%||10.4 g||11.4|
|– Sugars||9.3 g||46.4 g||19.3 g||21%||8.8 g||9.8|
|Sodium||18 mg||90 mg||120 mg||5%||55 mg||43|
|VITAMINS & MINERALS||%RDI**||%RDI**|
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.32 mg||1.59 mg||0.69 mg||40%||mg|
|Niacin (B3)||2.5 mg||12.5 mg||2.6 mg||26%||mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.4 mg||2.0 mg||0.4 mg||25%||mg|
|Vitamin B12||0.4 µg||2.0 µg||0.4 µg||20%||µg|
|Vitamin C||9 mg||44 mg||11 mg||28%||mg|
|Vitamin D||3.2 µg||16.1 µg||3.2 µg||32%||µg|
|Calcium||170 mg||830 mg||400 mg||50%||mg|
|Iron||3.6 mg||18 mg||3.6 mg||30%||mg|
|Phosphorus||84 mg||420 mg||280 mg||28%||mg|
- All values specified are averages
- RDI – Recommended Dietary Intake
- † Percent Daily Intakes are based on an average adult diet of 8700kJ
- MILO prepared with skim milk has a Health Star Rating of 4.5 stars. When made with reduced fat milk the rating is 3 stars.