- Origin: Australia
Blackmores Follow-on Formula has been specially developed to help meet the nutritional needs of your growing baby. With INFAT Beta-palmitin (OPO) it’s a premium formula for 6-12 months.
Supported by 85 years of experience in natural health products and our in-house lactation consultant, Blackmores has worked to create a unique formulation inspired by the best mum – mother nature. Blackmores Follow-on Formula contains essential vitamins and minerals to support your baby’s nutritional needs.
- Specifically formulated by Australia’s leading natural health brand to meet nutritional needs for growing babies
- With clinically substantiated ingredient INFAT Beta-palmitin (OPO)
- Ingredients backed by science
- A unique blend of scientifically researched ingredients containing over 25 nutrients including essential vitamins and minerals
- Gentle on tiny tummies, it’s a formula for happy, healthy babies
- Contains GOS prebiotics
- Added alpha lactalbumin protein
- No added table sugar (sucrose)
INFAT Beta-palmitin (OPO)
INFAT® is a clinically trialled fat profile used in the Blackmores Infant Formula range that mimics the composition, structure and benefits of human milk fat.
When added to infant formula INFAT, an sn-2 palmitate (OPO) fat ingredient has been shown to bring multiple benefits when compared to standard fat profile including:
- Reduces crying
- Improves sleep duration
- Softer stools
- Improves calcium absorption to support bone strength
For more information on the inclusion of the ingredient INFAT Beta-palmitin (OPO), visit www.advancedlipids.com
Alpha lactalbumin protein
Formula-fed babies receiving alpha-lactalbumin enriched infant formula have been shown to have a growth pattern more similar to that of breastfed infants .
Key benefits of alpha-lactalbumin enriched infant formula include:
- Improves sleep quality
- Reduced gastrointestinal discomfort
- Supports a healthy gut flora
- Protects against stomach infections
Milk Solids, Vegetable Oil Blend, Galacto-oligosaccharide (GOS), Lactose, Emulsifiers (Soy Lecithin, Mono- and Di-glycerides), Docosahexaenoic Acid Oil (DHA), Arachidonic Acid Oil (ARA), Taurine, Nucleotides (5’-CMP, 5’-AMP, di Sodium 5’-UMP, di Sodium 5’-IMP, di Sodium 5’-GMP), Lutein, Antioxidants (Sodium Ascorbate, mixed Tocopherols concentrate, Ascorbyl Palmitate).
Minerals (Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, di Sodium Phosphate, Magnesium Chloride, Ferric Pyrophosphate, Zinc Sulphate, tri Calcium Phosphate, Copper Sulphate, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite).
Vitamins (L-Sodium Ascorbate (vitamin C), Inositol, d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (vitamin A), Nicotinamide (vitamin B3), Cholecalciferol (vitamin D), Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Thiamin Hydrochloride (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Phytonadione (vitamin K1), D-Biotin, Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12).
How to prepare:
- Wash hands and all equipment before preparing formula
- Sterilise all equipment by boiling for five minutes or by using an approved steriliser
- Boil fresh drinking water for five minutes and leave to cool
- When cool, measure the required amount of water and formula by consulting the feeding guide on the product label
- Using only the scoop provided, lightly fill one measurement of the powder and use levelling blade on tin. Pour the powder into the prepared water, cap the bottle and shake until the powder is dissolved
- Check the formula temperature on your wrist then feed immediately